Friday, October 16, 2009

Roundup

Well, it's Friday and I haven't quite managed to do as much exercise as I had hoped this week. Which is annoying. As well as going to the gym on Monday (good), I managed to not swim all week (not good), and take the bus to work (not good), but I have been walking home (good) and I did go for a run with Flâneur on Wednesday (good). It is getting increasingly difficult to get up in the mornings at the moment as it is dark out when the alarm goes off and I just want to curl up and sleep sleep sleep for at least 2 more hours. I feel like I'm constantly fighting the urge to hibernate! Not good when you have a job to go to that inconsiderately wants you there by 9 and not good if you want to go for a swim before said job starts.

But, as I say, I did managed to go for a run on Wednesday. I was pretty tired when I got home but had already made Flâneur put off his run so I could go with him so there was no way I could back out of going. I had a drink and a banana to try and perk myself up and decided we'd do our usual 2.4mile route backwards. I always hate the end of it because it's a steady uphill through people trying to get on and off buses and thought it might be more pleasant downhill. It started out ok, with a 4:1 ratio, and a steady downhill (hurrah), but when we reached the park I was fit to drop. I hurt, I was tired and I did not want to be running. The grass looked pretty inviting and I could have easily lain down on it and gone to sleep... So we had a faltering 2:1 and 3:1 before I got my stamina back to go back up to 4:1. On the 3 minutes running I had to keep chanting 'You CAN do it, you CAN do it...' over and over to keep me going. I think it kind of worked as Flâneur thought we were running a bit quicker at that point. I definitely picked up after that and our downhill(well, it's sort of downhill) back to the flat was done at top speed - I just got this sudden splurge of energy. Shifting my stride used different muscles which probably helped. And this sprint finish definitely must have helped our over all time come in at just under 30 minutes (29:42), which is some sort of record for me!

So while it blipped in the middle, it ended up being a pretty good run all in all... For me at least - I think I'm still a bit slow for my dear beloved...

I had meant to go to the gym again on Thursday as I wont be doing anything so strenuous over the weekend, but a mare with timing on a project I had to finish meant I had to go straight home instead. We're off up North tonight to celebrate Wastrel's birthday and we have been instructed to bring walking gear, so there should be a nice long walk on the cards that should help (yes, I know I could take my running gear and go for a run, but it's in the wash - I really need more than one set of everything...).

I have been very good with my eating all this week (like last week), but still sitting at a weightloss total of a couple of ounces for this week so far, so I shall have to be careful (but not in a boring way) whilst away. Don't want to find myself undoing all the work I've done so far... This weightloss malarkey is hard enough as it is! Honestly I exercise my butt off and I eat a lot less and a lot more healthily and what happens - 1 measly pound, that's what. That doesn't seem fair to me...

Anyway, I don't actually 'weigh in' for the week until Sunday so we shall see what the scales say when I get home.

No comments: