Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More exercise (no wonder I'm knackered)

Was at the gym again last night. This is getting to be a habit (no bad thing!). Tried to push myself a bit, but didn’t quite work out – I think I was still recovering from the long run on Saturday! Rather than doing a full 22 minutes of running on the treadmill (which I was aiming for) I did 11 minutes, then walked for a minute, then did another 10 mins. All at 7.6km/h. Which is still pretty good. Had to stop and walk as the muscles at the back of my legs were seriously burning. A short walk and a pause to stretch them and they were back in fine fettle for the rest of the session. I also upped my resistance/ramp levels on the cross trainer. I don’t know what I was thinking! ;o)

I’m bloody knackered today though – was asleep by about 10:30 last night, and then vaguely awake by about 7:15, but I felt like I could sleep for at least another 2-3 hours. Not quite sure what’s up with that! Meant I missed my swim this morning (there was no way this carcass was being dragged anywhere at 6:20 this morning!), but there is always tomorrow…

So last night’s gym episode resulted in:

Total work out time: 63 mins
Total calories burned: 678.6
Total distance walked/run/strode: 7.43km

Which is an improvement on last week at least!

On the weight-loss progress front, I can report that after week 1 of the challenge I have managed to loose approx. 1.5 lb. not a bad start, but not quite the start I had hoped for! I should look on it a bit more philosophically though as I’m sure I put on a pound or two at the beginning of the challenge, after weighing myself on the Sunday, so actually I must have lost more like three last week. Or something… Hoping not to put any on this week and just lose them – otherwise why I am putting myself through all this??

3 comments:

The Professor said...

Wow, you appear to be kicking some ass m'dear! :)

MF said...

That's the plan - whether or not it works, is another matter!! ;o) But many thanks for the positive comments. Looking forward to seeing you at the weekend.

Ruth said...

Just wanted to say it sounds like you're really getting into the exercise and I'm sure you'll see great results! You are officially doing more milage than me - I'm only doing 4 miles occasionally now. Go girl!