Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More Gyming...

Was back at the gym on Monday night, so I thought I should record my work out here, so I can keep track! It was pretty heaving and I had to wait a few minutes before a cross trainer became free. When did students get so health and fitness conscious? Even fit people I knew at uni didn't go to the gym as often as these lot seem to. Sign of the times I suppose, there wasn't necessarily the same gym culture back in the late 90s maybe... Does that make me sound old?

Anyway, on Monday I managed to do:

Total work out time: 63 mins
Total calories burned: 672.2
Total distance walked/run/strode: 7.43km

Damn. Not quite as many calories burned (ok, so only 4 less isn't so bad) despite doing the same time and same distance. And despite running for a whole 23 minutes without a break on the treadmill at 7.6kmph. Bah! Clearly I was working less hard on the cross trainer and I must rectify that this evening when I head off to the gym again. It's non stop! But it is giving me results so what can I do?! ;o)

On the plus side I ran a whole 23 minutes on the treadmill without stopping! Go me! I was most chuffed as I don't think I've done that since I was training for the GNR. And that was 3 years ago. If only I could replicate that sort of achievement when running outside... One day maybe!

No comments: