Monday, October 26, 2009

Most bizarre

When I stood on the scales before my shower, after the gym, I mysteriously had lost those two pounds I was whinging about earlier. How did that happen?? This morning I weighed X-2 stones, 11 lb and 3/4. That was at 7am. This evening, I weighed X-2 stones, 9 lb and 7/8. That was at 7pm. How does one drop 2 pounds (or thereabouts) over the course of the day? Weird. I have eaten:

Breakfast:
1 muffin with poached egg
Mid-morning snack:
1 bag of Pret-A-Manger salted popcorn
Lunch:
1 Pret-A-Manger Italian chicken salad (which was delicious)
1 apple
1 pear
Pre-gym snack:
1 banana
Post-gym snack:
About a dozen mini twiglets (a great whole-grain snack!)

So it's not like I've eaten nothing today. I have, on the other hand, drunk over 2 litres of water. Perhaps, as I said earlier, this is the key. Maybe gone now is any water retention I had. Perhaps whining and getting a supportive boost helped? I suspect not, but I should look on the bright side that I am back where I was, and I suppose I should just be pleased.

Gave myself a pretty tough work out at the gym tonight. I wanted to see if I could run a distance this evening, rather than an amount of time. The answer? No. I am better trying to run a certain amount of time on the treadmill I think. I was trying to run for 2 miles, as I nearly did that last week. I managed 1 mile before I had to walk for a bit. It was too tough. I probably hadn't stretched enough when I got to the gym though. As I've said before, it's not a short stroll to the gym! But I did manage 16 minutes flat out at 7.6km/h, 1 minute of walking and then another 10 minutes of running, which is still pretty good (and 1 minute more of running, technically, than last week). With a five minutes walk at 5.5km/h and at 3% to cool down, it was tough, but good. I even managed the cross trainer too. And ramped that up a bit. Again it was a tough work out, but I felt I needed it and it felt good to do. Here are the stats (the boring bit):

Total work out time: 68 mins
Total calories burned: 753.4 (marvellous!)
Total distance walked/run/strode: 8.13 km (astounding!)

I'm pretty pleased with that, and generally feeling happier. Baked potato and salad for tea and today has turned out to not be so bad after all!


No comments: