Friday, June 19, 2009

Small Progress

Small progress still counts as progress right?

I think I have come to a couple of conclusions this week:

1. I definitely need to exercise more if I want to loose more than 1lb per week. Eating less is not enough. Despite generally eating an amount that should help me loose 2lb per week (as calculated by a free trial of 'Weightloss Resources') it only shifts in those kind of quantities if I also shift my backside more than just walking to work and back. Shame.

2. Loosing 2lb a week is not a small goal, as previously thought! It's actually really hard...

3. While these sorts of goals do spur me on, I seem incapable of achieving them (see 1 above)

Yes, when I stood on the scales this morning for my 'weigh-in' I was:

X-2 stone 12lb 1/8

Two measly ounces off having lost 1 whole pound this week. Which is extremely annoying. I mean really really irritating!! 2 ounces, what is that exactly? 2 tablespoons of sugar?? Gah! Anyway, as noted in point 1 above I didn't really engage in any meaningful exercise this week so I can't really be too surprised. I did continue my eating less regime, so at least some of it came off...

Had really annoying period pains on Sunday/Monday (trying a new pill which is otherwise great, so have to decide if the period pains are worth enduring for the other benefits of this one. It's a tough call), so was reluctant to go out and do anything too strenuous, even if this is technically supposed to help. At least I didn't indulge in a massive amount of chocolate to compensate... On Tuesday I was quite up for going to the pool but without getting into it too much, biology stopped me... So my poor little exercise starved body has had to put up with just walking.

To be fair to myself I do clip along at a fair old pace (as much as traffic and traffic lights allow) and today was the first day I got the bus to work (carrying too much to walk).

So I have walked (at roughly 3.5-4 mph) about 15.5 miles this week, just to and from work. Gosh it all adds up, maybe I haven't been the idle slug I thought... especially as on top of that, last Sunday Flâneur walked the 5.5 miles total to and from the cinema to go and see the new Terminator film (which was quite good fun) and then another 1.6 miles to the other cinema on Wednesday to see Red Cliff (also very good). Actually putting it down like that makes the small amount of weight loss even more annoying...

Humph. Clearly I need to do more challenging exercise to really affect the weight. Wish me luck with that!

No comments: