Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Active Week...

Well, so far at least. My legs mysteriously didn't seize up either last night or over night after the run, which is encouraging. At least it means I might go out again this week for another one... Maybe!

Today, however, I got up early and went to the pool. I'd not been for about 4 weeks, due to visitors and a nasty cold, so I wasn't expecting great things. And boy, it was tought! That's alwasy so annoying - how quickly a built up fitness just slips away, but it takes twice as long to build up again! Despite it being hard I did enjoy it. I'd almost forgotten how much I love being in the water. The first length was just magic. But then it always is... It's from length two onwards that it gets hard!! I really should learn to pace myself a bit better. ;o) Popping my stats in to my swimming spreadsheet though I was delighted to learn that length 1 today was the fastest I have done so far! Not bad at all... (It was 38.86). As I say though, if only I could just pace myself better. A fast first lap is all very well, but no good if the rest of them are all rubbish because you've put all the effort in to that first one!

Something to work on anyway.

The pool was lovely and quite today. I got my lane all to myself for at least half the swim, and the other half it was just one other person. Just how I like it! The uni is on it's summer holidays now, so there are fewer people around to clog up the sports facilities. It'll be a bit of a shock come September again when all the new keenies turn up... Still, September's a long way away. At least I hope it is as I want to have lost more weight by then so I can get my wedding frock sorted!!

While it was hard today, the overall time wasn't so bad: 33:14:95. Only a minute to a minute and a half slower than I had got to. Not bad for 4 weeks off and after a run last night.

Keep all this exercise up though and I'll start shifting the weight no problem. Finger's crossed!!

No comments: