Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bad week(s)

After that good start it's all gone downhill in the last two weeks.  At the beginning of last week I started feeling really tired, lethargic, exhausted even, my concentration at work started to wain and I even started feeling a little lightheaded every now and again.  I refer to it as being post-viral because that's all I can compare it to, but I've not had a virus lately (that I know of!)  :o(  I can't explain it very well, but it's been very annoying.

It's meant as well as not feeling able to exercise, I've missed SAM's 30th birthday (which I was quite upset about, I was just going for drinks, but was still looking forward to seeing her on her birthday), I've been going to bed really early as I'm feeling so tired,  and I missed my Japanese class last night.  I slept for nearly 12 hours on Saturday night, not uninterrupted, but even so.

I haven't necessarily been sleeping very well, as I am a borderline insomniac at times, so it's probably linked to that.  But I have obviously been on the internet and have considered several other options - you should never let a hypochondriac near the internet!

By the way, I'm not the traditional sort of insomniac.  I get to sleep ok, I wake once or twice a night, and get back to sleep again reasonably ok, but the quality of sleep I get when I sleep is not good.  

Anyway, this has carried on in to this week, albeit a little less than last week, so I've booked myself a doctors appointment.  We'll see what they have to say - I expect not very much.  I've also been off the last two days from work as I was sick yesterday, so no doubt the doctor will think it was some kind of virus...  

Hopefully it's just been a short term thing and I'm already feeling better today - perhaps I'm actually allergic to work!  

No comments: