Saturday, January 10, 2009

Run!

Yes, I went for a run this morning.  Or more accurately a jog/walk combo.  Felt the urge so thought I should act on it.  And then got annoyed that I couldn't go on my usual route because the Great Winter Run and some crazy cross country thing is on in Holyrood Park today.  Goddamn them...  Nearly didn't go when I found out, but was in the mood and didn't want to give up on that.  So I decided to do my alternative route (that I dislike) instead.  

Only just over 2 miles (my ipod claimed it was 2.5 but mapmyrun told me it was 2.2) and 29 minutes, there and back.  I managed to run more than I walked and do pretty consistent splits:

5 mins run
2 mins walk
5 mins run
2 mins walk
5 mins run (this was bloody hard)
2 1/2 mins walk
2 1/2 mins run
2 1/2 mins walk
2 1/2 mins run

It's not a great route as it's down hill then flat then an uphill struggle back, but frankly I did bloody well not to just walk all of it at the end.  And even better to do it at all!

Probably overdid it for a first go out for ages, but I'm pleased (and proud of myself) that I went at all.  Will try and go out at least once a week this year (upping to twice when it gets lighter and I can run during the week).  If I want to lose that next stone by June, it's got to help!  

I shall hurt tomorrow though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, go you! :)