Monday, November 17, 2008

Why I hate November...

Yup. November, my least favourite month. Not only is it so so hard to drag my backside out of bed when it is pitch black in the bedroom but you get days like today. Days where it is not likely to get light all day because of the grey clouds looming over head disgorging themselves of every drop of rain that they possibly can. And then some more. And I have to walk to work in this. Bleugh. And then even if it does brighten up as the day goes on it will be dark again when I'm on my way home. In fact, about half an hour before I'm even thinking about leaving work. Perhaps this is because I live in Scotland...

I did very well today though in that I did actually walk to work rather than getting the oh so tempting bus. It's just under 2 miles to my work and at my current walking-to-work speed I do the journey in around 30-35 mins (depending on the traffic). Whether I get the bus or not usually depends on how late I am running, rather than how wet it is outside, so I was pleased with myself at walking anyway despite being a bit late and it chucking it down out... Knowing I've done at least one, if not two good brisk walks a day makes me feel better when I don't find time or energy to do any other exercise.

But my most exciting news, the telling of which seems to have been dampened by all this rain, is that I have finally reached my second marker point on my weight loss quest. Yay! The first marker point was losing 10 pounds, which I managed to do in June. For this I was rewarded with shoes! Nice white shoes (no Essex girl jokes please) that are the most comfy shoes I own and now no longer white... My second marker point is having lost a stone. Yay! Which I did at the end of last week. I don’t have a reward for this yet, but do now owe the FiancĂ© dinner…

I now officially weigh X-1 stone 2 7/8. Which is just (minutely, but who cares about that) over a stone, down from X stone 3 way back in March. I'm particularly pleased because although I would have liked to have reached this marker point much sooner, I have at least attained it and in a sustainable way. As my doctor said: I'd rather you lost a small amount and kept it off than lost 2 stone and put one back on again.

As for what my other marker points are... well, they will reveal themselves as the come along I'm sure, but I think the next one shouldn't be too hard to achieve as I think it should be crossing over that stone marker threshold - getting down to X-2 stone and 13 pounds! The final marker point will be either achieving X-4 stone or being a size 14, hopefully two states of affairs that will coincide. I can't remember the last time I was a size 14, in fact I'm not sure I've ever been a size 14... ;o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, congrats! :)

Though you are utterly wrong, November is a fabulous month - of mists and crisp mornings, of the most amazing Autumn light (when it's there of course) that makes good architecture look out of this world. I will admit that the lack of an afternoon in Scotland does suck ass though and allow you to hate it on that basis... ;)

MF said...

Ah, but that's all the reasons why I love October!! ;o)

Size 14 shoes said...

And that is also reason why I love december. By the way, really nice to read this post. Thanks for sharing.