Monday, November 24, 2008

More Swimming...

Back at the pool tonight, which is good as I've not done any other exercise since last Monday!  So tonight I did:

34 lengths
30 mins

Breast stroke again.  It was lovely as the pool was really quiet, so I got my lane to myself for the last 10 or so lengths.  Which meant that I also did 2 lengths of back stroke at the end, as a bonus (so really the total should be 36 lengths, 31/2 minutes).  Love doing back stroke, but it really knackers me out!  Probably because it's the only one I can do vaguely right!!  Still, great swim, feel good for it.  

I think it helps that when I go to the pool the Fiance comes down to meet me when I'm done to walk me home (ah...).  It's not a particularly nice walk home so it's nice having some company, particularly on these dark nights!

So I'm still at my X-1 stone and 2 some pounds.  Which is good.  It went up a little near the end of last week, but I think that was mostly water retention as I'm sure I didn't eat anything extra than I normally do that would be particularly bad.  All part of the fun of being a girl I suppose.  

And I managed to walk to work this morning, despite running a bit late.  I took the bus most days last week, which is dreadful, but I was very very bad at leaving the house on time!  Also had a bit of a walk on Saturday as we went into town to look at shops for Christmas presents.  Managed to get no Christmas presents, but buy myself a new handbag I didn't really need in the Debenhams sale.  Ah well...  Let's call that my reward for loosing a stone!!  Just to justify it...  

Actually doing quite well on the Christmas present front.  Have pretty much everything for the family (which is handy as we're off down to the parents this weekend) and pretty much everything for the Fiance.  Phew!  Also managed to make two more Christmas present for friends this weekend, which just leaves three to do there.  Very pleased with them all too.  Did have problems with the stitching on one piece that I'm still not sure about.  Could not work out what was going on.  I kept getting loops in the stitching on the back of the fabric.  I changed the tension down as low as it would go and it improved on the up side, but not on the back (it definitely needed to go down anyway, not very good at remembering to try it out on a piece of scrap first).  I think it must just be the fabric/my machine not getting on.  

So getting excited about Christmas - just looking forward to giving people the gifts that I've spent so much time on!  And really enjoying getting stuff for my secret Father Christmas stocking.  Will be going in to London while we're down south and hoping to finish it off then.  So impressed with my organisational skills this year!

No comments: