Friday, September 17, 2010

Because I want it...

It is no secret that I am becoming increasingly obsessed with fabric. In a way that Flâneur is about paper (particularly Japanese paper), only I like to think with more commitment at the moment. My stash isn't that big, but it is growing. A trip to Liberty here, a Festival of Quilts there, so many online sources and an obsession grows and grows... I might even start blogging about some of the lovely stuff that I buy so you can all appreciate it too... I'll start when my Saffron Craig parcel arrives - so excited about that!!

While reading the blogs of friends I also read the blogs of quilters and other crafters (in an attempt to motivate myself, which does work sometimes) and from here I often find fabulous fabrics being promoted or mentioned and the drooling starts again. One such occurrence at the moment is on Sarah Fielke's blog The Last Piece. One of her recent posts was just a sea of fabulous fabrics that she has designed and had just had delivered. Oh my but it's lovely. And now she's giving some of it away.... Oh please let one of the lucky people be me... If it's not, well, maybe I'll just have to buy some of it anyway (if my paltry budget allows), as it's so pretty... I have one of her books 'Material Obsessions' and the other is on my Amazon wishlist, but to have some of her fabric too would be brilliant.

Keep your fingers crossed for me readers!

No comments: