Monday, March 2, 2009

Back at it

Not such a lazy slug today!  Yes, I was back at the pool today.  Hurrah!  I said I was going to go and I went.  Phew...  

I didn't sleep so great last night.  Well I thought I slept ok until around 4:30 (ish) but was told that I was thrashing about and muttering during those first few hours, so maybe not!  But after 4:30 I was in and out of sleep until the alarm went off at 7.  Urgh...  Hate those sorts of nights.  Was similar the night before too.  Not so great for my poor Flâneur either who didn't even get to sleep properly in the first 5 hours or so...

Anyway, I didn't expect the swimming this evening to be up to the same standards as before, seeing as I hadn't been since mid January (the 15th I think, shame on me) and was pretty tired today.  It wasn't too busy when I got there, but I figured there were too many people in the slow lane for me to have a satisfying swim in there, so I joined the main bit of the pool.  It got busier as the evening went on, but I was mostly able to swim up and down unhindered.  There were two women who seemed to just be chatting in the shallow end who were a bit irritating, particularly as they were stood exactly where I wanted to turn after each even numbered lap.  Grrr...  They only did 2 lengths the whole time I was in the pool doing my 40.  And they probably wonder why going swimming isn't making any difference to their fitness...

So, I did my 40 lengths and surprisingly enough they were a little bit faster than last time I went!  Not sure how that works, but I'm not going to question it too closely...  Think I could have not counted one length or something, but here are the stats from the SportsCount:

40 lengths
32.06 minutes (that's nearly 20 seconds faster than last time!)
Average time for length: 49.38 second (hmm... slower)
Fastest length: 1 at 43.03 seconds (again, slower)
Slowest length: 34 at 54.18 seconds (ah, faster)

Really pleased I went.  Feel really good for going.  Just need to keep it up again now.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, well done at getting back at it. That's the hardest bit in my opinion. :)