Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So Pis**d off...

I am more furious than I ever thought possible… Here was me having a nice stress free run up to the wedding, doing bloody well thank you very much not to get stressed by anything and then Unite go and ruin all that. Due to the potential strike action by BA cabin crew announced yesterday I am now turning in to a gibbering wreck about whether or not we’re going to get away for our long anticipated and looked forward to honeymoon on the 20th.

The most annoying things is that the strikes may not happen or may not affect us and then I will have done all this worrying and stressing for nothing!! If a strike does happen we are covered by insurance, BA will refund or change our flights and we can cancel our hotels with 24 hours notice, but that doesn’t stop me worrying about it now!!

It isn’t helped by the fact that I think the actions of the cabin crew are totally and utterly ridiculous and unfounded. I wouldn’t mind quite so much (or at least be as apoplectic with rage!) if I thought they had good cause. But I don’t. I tried writing the following rant on Facebook by was restricted by the amount of space they give you…

Do they not realise that their actions will eventually cripple the airline and then many of them will lose their jobs? Do they not realise that the economy is not healthy and that the airline is being hit by falling revenue?? Do they not realise that none of them are losing their jobs over this stupid issue or having their t&c changed (only new entrants are) and that the public sympathy is not really with them (according to comments I have read on the BBC website and the Times online)?? Do they not realise that their T&Cs and pay are better than any other airline's, even though they don't offer the best customer service anymore?? Why does the union not see that loosing two high court battles, the last of which stated that BA was correct in its course of action to try and save the company from going under (!), means that it should let this one go.... The Unite leaders behind this are clearly living in the past and have no concept of current economics or the necessary changes that have happened to business in the past 20 years.

And breathe.

No comments: