Friday, May 29, 2009

Progress!

Well, my big rant last week about going nowhere must have had some sort of positive effect on me.  Despite a visit from my parents and a huge (yummy) roast dinner on Sunday night I would appear to have shed those pesky five pounds at last!!  Hurrah!

Yup, when I stood on the scales this morning I was finally at x-2 stones!!  (and 13 1/4 pounds, but that's not what's important).  I've not see that number since I met Flâneur nearly three years ago.  I guess it's true that you get content and fat when you finally meet the person you want to spend the rest of your life with!!  Just another 10 pounds and I'll have lost 2 stone...  (like Flâneur has).  Woo hoo!  

The fact that I am bunged with a hideous cold right now and therefore unable to do very much eating probably has something to do with it and no doubt when this cold has gone away I will go back beyond the X-1 stone mark, but at least it finally feels like progress.  No matter how I got here!  ;o)  And when I'm better I'll be back in the pool, so that'll help keep it off.  I'm sure.  Just so pleased to finally feel like I might be making progress again.  Phew.

No comments: