Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Progress Report...

In my flight of whimsy yesterday I forgot to report on my progress with 'The Challenge', which technically has now ended. Well, in the 11 weeks I managed to lose (drum roll please):

Half a stone.

Yup, just 7 pounds.

That's not so bad considering I have done no exercise to speak of for the last 3 weeks as November has killed my will to do anything and December is brining me a cold. Poor excuses, but they're the only ones I've got and I'm sticking to them.

This is probably the best I have done in any challenge of this sort, but still not quite the target I was aiming for. Luckily everyone else seemed to gloss over the end of the challenge too, so I suspect it might well get extended. Phew! Flâneur would probably love to take our TV down to Manchester with him in January, but he wouldn't love it the way I do so it's probably for the best that it stays with me.

And now we are well into the festive season where food is a plenty and time to exercise scarce. I will have to be very careful not to put any of those lovely 7 pounds back on, but I will try. Wish me luck (again!).

1 comment:

Fiona Lochhead said...

7lbs for me, too, I think. But yes, I think the end of the challenge may well be extended. I'm certainly not very proud of how I failed dismally to stick to any routine. I'll get on to the boys and see if we can't think of some way to start this up again with a clean slate.