Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting there...

Well, today is the day I see the dress maker and how have I done in my challenge?? Ultimately not brilliantly. I did not get rid of the 5 pounds I had hoped. Boo hiss. I did however, put on a pound, lose it, put it on again, lose it again and then finally by today lose another two. So since I started just over four weeks ago, I am now:

X-2 stones 11 lb and 3/8.

Which, while not my target, I'm pretty pleased with, particularly I have essentially lost 3 pounds in the last week!! Or there abouts... That's what happens when you actually exercise I suppose. And eat reasonably too. I don't think not eating very much helps me very much - I think my body just hangs on to the fat and calories it is storing to compensate for not getting very much. Or something...

Flâneur and I were out for another run yesterday, geeing each other along. It was pretty tough for me as I'm not so good first thing in the morning. I'm better a little later in the day once my legs have warmed up a bit. But we went and we did our route in just under 31 mins, which is still a good time. He ran on on the home straight (the last 20 secs or so) as he likes to sprint the last bit and I'm just about fit to collapse and am lucky to still be running at all! It still felt pretty good though and we were basically doing our 3:1 run:walk ratio. We're slowly getting better! We then walked to the cinema (a good 50 min walk) to see 'Away We Go', which was a lovely little film I would thoroughly recommend. We also walked back, so yesterday was excise tastic!

Today is a random local holiday in Edinburgh that randomly we get off at work (I'm wondering how many customer type people turned up at the building not knowing today...), so I took the opportunity to have a bit of a lie in and then go to the gym. I think I'd do that more in the mornings if I didn't have to work. Great way to start the day. I did my usual treadmill then cross trainer routine, but was very pleased with myself getting up to 17 minutes of running at 7.5 kmph. I'm slowly adding a minute here, a minute there, but have already added 7 minutes since I started going to the gym. All good stuff and I'm sure the reason why the pounds finally appear to be shifting!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Very impressed that you have got the boyfriend running as well!