Friday, April 11, 2008

Back to the Blog...

Well it has been a week and a half and true to form I have not entered anything into this new blog. Ah well...

I have, however, lost 4 lb and 6 oz since Friday 28 March. Hurrah! Well on track for not having to give something up for 3 months!!

I'm not sure I've stuck so well to my mission statement, but seeing as the pounds are coming off anyway I wont worry about that too much. More like guidelines anyway...

So, in the spirit of trying to keep a food and exercise diary:

Thursday 10 April
Breakfast
Sainsbury’s English Butter muffin with poached egg
Mug of decaf coffee with a splash of skimmed milk and one sweetener

Snack (11 am)
1 orange
50 cl (more or less) cold water

Lunch
1 toasted Bagel with Philly extra light and salad
2 plums
1 kiwi fruit
1 pack Boots Shapers salt and vinegar twirls (less than 90cals, less than 3g fat, I think)
1 bar of Boots Shapers chocolate nougat thing (again, less than 90cals, less than 3g fat, it was one of those days...)
50 cl (more or less) cold water

Snack (5-7pm)
1 banana
2 glasses red wine, 3 canapés (there was a do on at work...)

Dinner
Japanese steamed rice (no idea of portion, 1 large rice bowl perhaps?)
Stir-fried Chicken thigh marinated in yuzu honey, soy, garlic, ginger, fried in sesame oil with carrot and green beans (no idea of portion, but small amount - perhaps a thigh and a half?)
Miso soup
Sake (about three sake cup fulls)
3 large tablespoons Yeo Valley natural no fat yoghurt with a heaped teaspoon of soft brown sugar. Yum. And not bad considering the Fiancé has ice cream with chocolate on it!

So not too bad a day really. Also walked to work (35 minutes, just under 2 miles) and went for a bit of a wander at lunch time. :o) Did get the bus home, but it was late and I would have missed my tea if I hadn't! ;o)

Next week will be more of a challenge as we're off to the States. Not exactly known for their small portions and healthy food... Watch as those 4 pounds go back on... Sigh.

1 comment:

Fiona Lochhead said...

That dinner sounds fantastic. I may pinch it for myself.

How did the diet go?